Friday, September 19, 2008

Long Live Marx

Karl Marx wrote his Communist Manifesto in 1848. In 2008 he was vindicated. The twilight of capitalism was the bailout of Lockheed and Chrysler. With the bailout of AIG, capitalism died.

We are now the proud owners of an insurance company. What’s really ironic, is that when I was an undergraduate, I always had a dream of being an executive of an insurance company, and now that I’m in middle age, my dream has come true.

See? All good things come to those who wait.

I’d like to make some changes at AIG. First, I want to eliminate the executive lunchroom. I think all employees should share the same eating quarters. Next, I want to eliminate all positions that are based on social hierarchy. I believe in equality. Decisions should be made by consensus, not executive fiat. That’s only fair.

And everyone who works there should address each other as “comrade.” I don’t believe in a dictatorship of the proletariat, but I do believe in democracy. And I want to make sure that everyone there understands how important that is. Social hierarchy is a cancer of society, and it should be stamped out. I want to change the company’s name. I think The Peoples Insurance Collective would be an excellent choice.

Well, that’s about it for now. I want changes there to be gradual, and I think this is a good start.

No comments: