Monday, October 6, 2008

People In Glass Houses

Sarah Sidekick started a new line of smears yesterday. “Our opponent … is someone who sees America it seems as being so imperfect that he’s palling around with terrorists who would target their own country,”

Oops.

I’m sure everyone has heard that when Ayers did anything, Obama was 8 years old. And First Dude Todd hung with real domestic terrorists as an adult, and only left their company when Sidekick decided to run for office. The charges against Ayers were dropped.

As I wrote before, the Alaska Independence Party founder was murdered, when an explosives deal went bad. That’s a good choice of compatriots, when one is an adult, rather than 8 years old.

There’s an excellent video about 13 minutes long, fully explaining McSame’s pivotal role in the Keating scandal. This keeps getting better.

Stay tuned for the next episode.

2 comments:

Eric Dondero said...

Funny how you completely ignore Sarah Palin's ties to the Libertarian Party of Alaska which are much stronger and more recent than her ties to the AIP.

A little bias against Libertarians perhaps?

misha trotsky said...

Glad you brought this up. I have to confess I did not know she had ties to the Libertarian Party. I’m surprised, because her ultra-conservative positions are the opposite of libertarian beliefs.

In fact, I had a coffee hour at my home in 1984 for the Libertarian Vice Presidential candidate. Afterwards, I took him to a radio station where he was interviewed and took calls from listeners. A very interesting evening.

I should clarify this: Although the title is New York Leftist, I in fact lean to the libertarian. And that’s why I am most disappointed with conservatives today. They have gone off the deep end, and hooked up with – for lack of a better term – Christofascists. At one time, conservative meant libertarian. Now it means reactionary.

In fact, at one time Alaska was libertarian leaning, which I liked. Now, the socially conservative mostly hold sway. I think that libertarians now have more in common with liberals, rather than conservatives.

Ron Paul, who ran as a libertarian, stated he was in favor of Roe being overturned. That is the opposite of libertarian belief. I don’t know how he reconciled that. I believe in reproductive freedom, I believe marijuana should be legalized, and I am opposed to the death penalty –all of which are libertarian and liberal beliefs, but the opposite of conservative positions. I believe in free trade, but I make an exception for cases like Harley Davidson. I think that the stiff tariff on Japanese big bikes, to give Harley recovery time, was correct. Harley was worth saving.